Hyundai Forums banner

2006 Elantra

7K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  f1guy68 
#1 ·
Have you seen this as yet?

2006 Elantra Spy Shots

I removed the pictures as they were photo shop fakes and innacurate!

#3 ·
I see lot's of changes!

For example:

No Side Body Trim
New Headlights
New Grill
New Lower Grill
New Front Bumper
New Door Handle
New Body Lines along the side
5 Lug Rims as opposed to the now 4
New Rear Bumper
Exhaust on left as oppsed to the now right

#4 ·
The shape of the hood is definitiely differnt - it looks more curved with those two indents running back from either side of the grill start farther apart.

Also look at the line running down the back of the rear doors - a straight line instead of the curve over the wheel well- must mean some rediesign under neath, possibly for a differnt suspension system.

Hard to tell from the pix but the whole thing may be a touch longer

#7 ·
Originally posted by johnc@Nov 23 2004, 06:17 AM
AS ALWAYS HYUNDAI HAS DONE IT AGAIN, CONGRATULATIONS ON DESIGNING ONE OF IF NO, THE... UGLIEST PEICES OF AUTOMOTIVE MACHINERY ON THE PLANET :eek:
[snapback]3002[/snapback]​

What???!!!1 That isn't ugly, hyundai is very unique, it kinda looks like a caddie though... but I personally think there is no such thing as an ugly car.

#8 ·
:angry: May be not for the American market, but definately ugly for the Australian market. Korean cars just don't seem to take the market by storm in Australia. Daewoo has gone to the grave, rebadged as holdens, Kia is not worth looking at as the interior trim is assembled so cheaply, Musso is almost non-existant, and Hyundai really need to get there act together and design cars for the rest of the world and not just the American markets. If Hyundai were to change their image, My advice first change your design, electronics and Suspention team as these area's really need a overhaul.............. ;)

#10 ·
Originally posted by Delphi@Nov 26 2004, 05:19 PM
The one in the Detroit News is MG, next-gen. Kia Optima.
The next two are photoshopped fakes.
Next Elantra is not out yet on public roads for testing.
[snapback]3076[/snapback]​

Delphi,

Thanks for your info! I realize that the two photo's were photoshop editions!

However....

The Optima and the Elantra will share the same platform and similar looks! I do think this is the Elantra! Unless you know better for sure!

Also...this article says that the Elantra is indeed on the roads for testing! As this vehicle is being tested with other Hyundai's, I have to assume it's the Elantra?

You decide!

The Car Connection

#11 ·
Originally posted by f1guy68@Nov 29 2004, 11:20 AM
Delphi,

Thanks for your info!  I realize that the two photo's were photoshop editions!

However....

The Optima and the Elantra will share the same platform and similar looks!  I do think this is the Elantra!  Unless you know better for sure!

Also...this article says that the Elantra is indeed on the roads for testing! As this vehicle is being tested with other Hyundai's, I have to assume it's the Elantra?

You decide!

The Car Connection
[snapback]3134[/snapback]​

The new Elantra, code-named HD, is still about 2 years away from official launching.
They haven't even finalized the design let alone public road testing.

The reason the car is flanked by Hyundais is that, as you can see from the license plate, the pictures were taken in Europe.
Kia doesn't have a separate R&D center in Europe; they share a joint Hyundai/Kia R&D facilities in Germany with Hyundai. So it's by no means unusual this Kia was with Hyundais.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Delphi@Nov 29 2004, 12:33 PM
The new Elantra, code-named HD, is still about 2 years away from official launching.
They haven't even finalized the design let alone public road testing.

The reason the car is flanked by Hyundais is that, as you can see from the license plate, the pictures were taken in Europe.
Kia doesn't have a separate R&D center in Europe; they share a joint Hyundai/Kia R&D facilities in Germany with Hyundai. So it's by no means unusual this Kia was with Hyundais.
[snapback]3138[/snapback]​

Ok..I can see some of your points, but how do I verify that what you say is correct as well?

Sorry if that question seems rude, I just would like to know a little more of what you know....lol Are you a Hyundai/Kia Insider???

Also...Detroit Auto News says that this car is the Optima:

#13 ·
Originally posted by f1guy68@Nov 29 2004, 05:11 PM
Ok..I can see some of your points, but how do I verify that what you say is correct as well?

Sorry if that question seems rude, I just would like to know a little more of what you know....lol  Are you a Hyundai/Kia Insider???

Also...Detroit Auto News says that this car is the Optima:

[snapback]3150[/snapback]​

First of all, many supplier souces confirmed it's MG...you just need to take my words for it. i'm not making this up.

Secondly, the first spy shots of MG surfaced in the follwoing forum:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6200
Fortunately it was said that a Kia logo in the wheel had been visible, as the poster relayed his encounter with the test car on the road, so there was no dispute on what marquee it was.
Also take a close look at the headlamps; It's the same stacked lamps cluster as that of the car in the photo you posted.

Thirdly, it has the new Kia family look as revealed in the new Spectra.
If it's not obvious to you in the Car Connection photos, take a look at these:

Lastly, the car on the left in the follwong picture has the distinctve molding
in the rear of the rear wndow sash, so it's the identical car.
It's as big as the NF next to it, if not bigger.

BTW, the car in the last photo you posted is TG.

#14 ·
Delphi,

I'm still not convinced! :huh:

If it's not obvious to you in the Car Connection photos, take a look at these:

Ok..so I have seen those photo's before, and the source of the pictures you posted says it's an Elantra! So what is going on with your info?

Below is the link to the source for 3 out of the 4 smaller pictures you just posted

Again...they say it's the Elantra! I got the link from the image properties!

See here:

Channel 4

#15 ·
Originally posted by f1guy68@Nov 29 2004, 08:15 PM
Delphi,

I'm still not convinced!    :huh:
Ok..so I have seen those photo's before, and the source of the pictures you posted says it's an Elantra!  So what is going on with your info?

Below is the link to the source for 3 out of the 4 smaller pictures you just posted

Again...they say it's the Elantra!  I got the link from the image properties!

See here:

Channel 4
[snapback]3153[/snapback]​

I know Channel4 says it's Elantra; they just took a guess. It's not uncommon these people report as if their info come from a credible source; sometimes it's just a total fabrication..the worst offender is The Car Connection.

#17 ·
Originally posted by 801Excel@Nov 30 2004, 10:39 PM
eh, I think we should all just wait till they come out. It quite possibly could go through several name changes, and then end up having 3 different names, from country to country.
[snapback]3192[/snapback]​

Um, that was not about name change.. I wasn't suggesting that Elantra would be called MG. MG is the project name of the Optima replacement. The project names stay the same from the inception to the end of the product life cycle.
The internal code-name of the next-gen. Elantra is HD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.