Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I need some serious help here I'm super frustrated with my Tiburon ?. I bought this car off of some college kid and drove it over 2 hours home with no issues. It was throwing a code at the time. When I got the code checked out it was the O2 sensors. The cats were removed and one down stream sensor was on and the other was not. He said that the sensor was bad and needed replaced. I bought a new one and also spark plug foulers to make sure the sensors were getting a different reading than the upstream sensors. Since then I have had numerous issues with it. So after I did this the car wouldn't start and after a week she fired right up but she was running rough. Acting like she was misfiring so I replaced the sparkplugs, wires, and the coil pack. Still didn't help. I found out that I had swapped one of the wires and found the correct firing order and fixed that issue. I took her for a test drive and I hit 3k and lost all power until I shifted and dropped below 3k. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was doing this. So I started replacing sensors thinking this had to be sensor related. I replaced the following sensors with brand new parts. MAF, IAC valve, and the TPS. This still didn't fix the issue. After replacing these parts she is now idling really high at about 2k until she dies. Also the 3k issue is still there. I searched some more and found that a bad crank position sensor can cause a 3k limit. So I replaced this on Saturday and went to start the car and it wouldn't start again. I let it sit overnight and yesterday she fired up without hesitation but still idling at 2k. I haven't test drove the car yet to see if the new crank position sensor was the 3k issue or not because I need to get the idle under control first. I have checked the vacuum lines and from what I can see there is no issue there. I have put the old parts back on 1 at a time thinking I had a faulty part but still no change. Please help I am at my wits end with this car at the moment.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts