Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am having some issues with my 2005 Hyundai Tiburon. While idling, the car sounds fine, however, if i give it a little gas (to 2000 rpm) then the engine starts to rev high then low. Worst yet when driving, the engine starts revving up and down non-stop and my exhaust sounds muffled, the car becomes jumpy. Could someone help me in this area, or tell me where to begin to look? thank you to anyone who can help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey buddy having same problem its either or both of theses the cam shaft sensor or crank angle sensor i changed both if thats not it try coil pack plugs and wires and if not that fuel filter and lines doubt thats it tho :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
hmm, that interesting you mention that. I've noticed that when I'm cruising along at constant speed I will sometimes notice that my engine sound is not constant, but rather there seems to be a slight up and down variation in the revs. Furthermore, my car has an issue where sometimes it wont start, the engine will kick over but it wont actually start. The hyundai service centre lifted an error code from it for the camshaft position sensor. Does the slight variation in revs whilst cruising sound like it could be related to the camshaft position sensor? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts