Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on removing my factory AM/FM/CASETTE/CD unit and replacing it with a Sirius Capable unit. I have been told that once I remove the factory unit, some sort of anti-theft code will be required to activate it if I ever re-install the unit. Any information on this subject would be appreciated before I start the project. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by dd716ted@Nov 20 2004, 10:37 AM
I am planning on removing my factory AM/FM/CASETTE/CD unit and replacing it with a Sirius Capable unit.  I have been told that once I remove the factory unit, some sort of anti-theft code will be required to activate it if I ever re-install the unit.  Any information on this subject would be appreciated before I start the project.  Thanks
[snapback]2936[/snapback]​

I don't think your car has an anti-theft unit. I believe Hyundai stopped putting them years ago. If the owner's manual doesn't mention it, then you don't have one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hyundai are still incorporating their security code system within their radio's.
You should have recieved a card with your security code on it, it should be within your owners manual folder!

·
Registered
32 Posts
My brother has a 95 accent . When he bought the car the radio did not function. After recoding using the code from his owners manual it still does not work. Any suggestions?
it is getting power but will not do anything.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Dec 12 2004, 06:47 PM
Hyundai are still incorporating their security code system within their radio's.
You should have recieved a card with your security code on it, it should be within your owners manual folder!
[snapback]3597[/snapback]​

That's interesting...the Hyundai Autonet units in current US-spec Hyundais no longer have the anti-theft feature.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Delphi@Dec 13 2004, 10:04 AM
That's interesting...the Hyundai Autonet units in current US-spec Hyundais no longer have the anti-theft feature.
[snapback]3632[/snapback]​

I found out that my unit didn't have a theft code to worry about. Thanks for the inputs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts