Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 Hyundai Sonata. Shortly after having my timing belt replaced I noticed a vibration as I go over speed bumps. It seems to depend on the engine RPM. Anything less than ~1500rpm doesn't really produce anything noticeable, but if the engine is @ 1500+ (regardless of actual speed) I can feel/hear it. Th-Th-Th-Th-Th from the front, then shortly after, Th-Th-Th-Th-Th-Th from the back.

My car has really low mileage because I live close to work. Pretty much a "grandma" car, except I'm a guy in my 30s.

I experienced some rough idling earlier, which I could attribute to the mostly local drives. The person that did my timing belt is an extended friend and did it for a great price, and he recognized my idling vibrations. Prior to the belt change I never felt this over speed bumps so I'm hesitant to bug him about it. Being a computer person, I know whenever I touch someones computer they ask me about whatever goes wrong after or blame me :p

What could cause my vehicle to have a vibration when going over speed bumps (or dips in the road)? It seems to have gotten worse, but my idling (which I'm not too worried about) has pretty much stayed the same. It bugs me but doesn't cause me any issues. I'm just hoping it is something fairly easy to fix, or maybe part of the powertrain warranty. (especially if it's like the motor mounts or something, but I don't feel any side to side motion, but it's tough to tell)

Edit: The vibration feeling isn't in the gas or brake pedals. The vibration is in the car in general.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For anybody to be able to help you have to tell us which engine you have. I don't see it in your post or your profile.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts