Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Hyundai Sonata, 6 cyl. with about 89,000 miles on it. In the last few days it has started making what I can only describe as an odd "grr-ing" or "errr-ing" sound, intermittently, exactly every 15 seconds, which only lasts for about 1-2 seconds. It seems to be coming from the engine compartment. There is no loss of power or stalling. It does it regardless of whether I am accelerating or idling. If the lights are on, they will dim briefly. If the fan is running, it will "skip" briefly with the sound. I have absolutely no idea what it could be...

I plan on taking it to a mechanic, but I thought I would post here to see if anyone has any insight. I don't know if it is an electrical issue, a fuel issue or something else...

Thank you...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Does this happen on all setting or is it only on defrost? The A/C runs on the defrost setting and the noise you hear could be the a/c/ compressor kicking in and might point to a potential problem with it. My two (2) 2003 sonatas, both with 2.7L, do the same sort of dimming of the lights and the skipping noise you hear in the fan could be the secondary fan starting up. Just my thoughts. Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts