Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2005 Santa Fe and on received one key FOB. I found the mods site that tell me how to program new remotes, but for the life of me I cannot find the ETACS under the dash or the switch for that matter. Can anyone describe the exact location of the ETACs. The pic on HMAService don't help much. I took the bottom panel and the side panel next to the door off and found a relay that clicked when I opened and closed the door but the wires didn't lead me to the ETACS.

Thanks in advance.

Roy

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
The switch was dropped from the line in mid-2004. The only way to program cars newer than mid-'04 is to have the dealer do it through Hi-Scan.

·
Registered
48 Posts
etacs location location location

I recently purchased a 2005 Santa Fe and on received one key FOB. I found the mods site that tell me how to program new remotes, but for the life of me I cannot find the ETACS under the dash or the switch for .

Thanks in advance.

Roy
have you located the 2005 etacs module yet? if so sharing the location would be helpful.
can a previous year module with switch replace the 05 module everyone say's
doesn't have one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I never did find it and gave up. I still have the Santa Fe and it is running well for being 12 years old.

have you located the 2005 etacs module yet? if so sharing the location would be helpful.
can a previous year module with switch replace the 05 module everyone say's
doesn't have one?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,776 Posts
The ETAC is the big black box that's plugged into the back of the dashboard fusebox. Directly behind the two relays on the front.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
HI SCAN is so OLD SCHOOL,, GDS is way to do it,,be lucky to find dealer with plug in rocker switch to plug into 10 pin connector

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I have a 11/2004 Santa Fe and I did not have the switch as well.
I removed the ETACS module (behind the fuse box) and checked the position of the switch. There was a black tape over the hole where the switch should have been.
I opened the ETACS module and saw that everything was there (line on the pcb) except the switch. It was a 3 pin switch so I measured what kind of switch I would need and I bought one. Keep in mind it is a 2 state switch for the SET and OFF positions. I soldered the switch and re-installed the ETACS.
Then I simply put the switch to SET position and pressed one of the keys on my remote. After that I placed the switch to OFF position and the remote was working. You will have to do this for any additional remotes during the period that the switch is on SET position because otherwise the old remotes will not work.

It has been nicely described in the santafemods site:
"
The little switch lever is best moved by a small screwdriver, since it is recessed. Just move it over to "SET" - you don't have to have the ignition on by the way (I had it off with the key out of the ignition).
Then push the lock button (or I guess unlock will work too) on your new remote key fob. ALSO, you need to do the same thing with your old remote key fob, while the switch is in SET. I guess it forgets the old one once you move it to SET. (I found out by trying to use the old one after setting the new one and it didn't work anymore.) So basically program all your key fobs at the same time while the switch is in SET, even your old ones that were already working.
Move the switch back to OFF and you're done!"

Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts