Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Santa Fe and the rear wiper is not working. Fuses/relays are all good. I pulled the rear cover off and checked power to the wiper control box and had 2 wires on the white plug (going into the box) that had power but no power coming out of the box. I mistakenly assumed the box was bad and switched it out with a known good one and still have the same problem.

Any ideas?

Any wiring diagrams/schematics so I can see exactly what should and shouldn't have power?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Does the plug feeding right to wiper motor have 12 volts , the park delay is one separate feed, the motor itself has one when the driver switch activated.

If motor is getting power from controller box and not running; then seized motor is problem.

I recently replaced both the controller box and the motor itself ; sometimes one problem turns into two. Extra load from seizing up probably fried my controller.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using a test light. I tested the wires on the white plug going in and 2 wires lit the light. I tested the terminals coming out of the box and nothing lit up...both boxes. Is there more I should test?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sounds like both controller boxes are shot if there is no output voltage, just like I had.

HMA site with diagrams is no longer available for free info. Controller is really for intermittent or delay running so not much you can do if it's dead.

Bought new one from Fourgreenauto online for around $65 plus shipping; Canadian dealer like usual was $265 plus tax.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.