Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2005 elantra with a sudden issue. The service engine light came on and today was my 1st time going to gas station. I can not pump any gas in. It immediately back flows out on the ground. This is my 3rd Elantra all of which had the problem with triggering the shut off every few seconds so we have been very careful not to over fill this one. This issue seems immediate and tied straight into the engine code. My obdi reader gave me a p0449 code. Need help as I can't get any gas in. No accidents repairs or rough roads...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Your Vent is clogged with sand/mud debris.. You have no location indicated, though I will venture you in a northern state maybe that use a lot of sand on the road during winter ??

I want you to remove left rear wheel...... remove the wheel well liner carefully to expose the fuel fill pipe and vent filter at top of the pipe,, when you slowly peel the plastic liner away, you will find that void filled and formed with mud around the filter and the opening to the filter..

Clean the mud away, remove filter and blow through it to verify it no got damaged with dirt or mud,, though this would be opportune time to up and replace it while apart.... OR just carry on with current filter if it flow freely

·
Registered
257 Posts
Your Vent is clogged with sand/mud debris.. You have no location indicated, though I will venture you in a northern state maybe that use a lot of sand on the raod during winter ??

I want you to remove left rear wheel...... remove the wheel well liner carefully to expose the fuel fill pipe and vent filter at top of the pipe,, when you slowly peel the plastic liner away, you will find that void filled and formed with mud around the filter and the opening to the filter..

Clean the mud away, remove filter and blow through it to verify it no got damaged with dirt or mud,, though this would be opportune time to up and replace it while apart.... OR just carry on with current filter if it flow freely
Be grateful.
sbr, set up a fund, I'd donate you a beer. :wink:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Be grateful.
sbr, set up a fund, I'd donate you a beer. :wink:
Then you all and Hyundai Motor know who I am and where I be.. that wouldnt be a good thing, though I have seen a couple of this sites cars in our shop (and hands on a few of them),, and talk to them with out them knowing who I am.. my advisor knows of my antics here, he laughs

Reactions: tobidog
1 - 5 of 5 Posts