Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.7 litre won't start.
Car turns over fine. Battery is good.
I tried to scan the codes, code reader keeps saying no link. Tried 3 different scanners. All the same result.
There is no spark and no fuel pumping.
I have checked all fuses, all are great.
I replaced the crank position sensor. "Made no difference"

Any suggestions on what to check next?
Any thoughts on why the code scanner is not linking to the ECU?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No spark or gas. Turns over fine. No communication to the scanner. Link fail. Yes, check engine light comes on. No power to the sensor or inj fuses on the main fuse panel. All fuses checked out fine. I replaced the Crank position sensor. No change. Original sensor had no wire issues. Anything else I can check?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,392 Posts
I don't know Tucson. But will give you what I know about engines in general.
May help or not??

There may be an issue with the ECU.
If the pins on the Data Link Connector are not making contact then this can cause a no communication
Or, there may be no power to the ECU due to the main relay or engine control relay?

Since the engine control relay and fuel pump relay work off a fuse
then it might prove useful to get a schematic of the car.
Sometimes it is the same fuse.
Check the bigger fuses .. fusible links .. 20 to 30 amps .. located in engine compartment.
Also check the relays. See if there is power to said fuses.

Check the power and grounds going to the coils.
Check the power and grounds going to the fuel pump, injectors.

If you get lucky then @AUTOSPARK might help.
He is very good at figuring out electrical issues.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,295 Posts
If you get lucky then AUTOSPARK might help. He is very good at figuring out electrical issues.
I suspect I already know what's causing the OP's problem and I've already pointed him to another thread relating to the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is fixed. The corrosion in the fuse box was my problem. Small brown/black wire was completely let go. I clean and reconnected the wire. Car started and runs great.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,295 Posts
Yeah, thanks for posting back to confirm my suspicions.

It's just odd that this corrosion problem only seems to effect the Tucson when the fuseboxes used on other models is basically the same. What's even more odd is that I've never personally come across this problem. I'd have thought it would be a common complaint here in the UK with our wonderful weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, thanks for posting back to confirm my suspicions.

It's just odd that this corrosion problem only seems to effect the Tucson when the fuseboxes used on other models is basically the same. What's even more odd is that I've never personally come across this problem. I'd have thought it would be a common complaint here in the UK with our wonderful weather.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm fairly certain that I'm having the same issue. You mentioned above that you sent the OP a link to another thread, which seems to have solved their issue... could you point me in the right direction? I think I also have corrosion in my fuse box, and I'm not sure how to correct it!

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm fairly certain that I'm having the same issue. You mentioned above that you sent the OP a link to another thread, which seems to have solved their issue... could you point me in the right direction? I think I also have corrosion in my fuse box, and I'm not sure how to correct it!
Get fuse box loose and to where you can bottom cover off to see wires and connectors..

Try to locate wires from main relay and fuse,,,usually find a break in one of the wires (crack with corrosion).. causes nice voltage drop due to resistance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need help. 2005 Hyundai Tucson 2.7 litre won't start.
Car turns over fine. Battery is good.
I tried to scan the codes, code reader keeps saying no link. Tried 3 different scanners. All the same result.
There is no spark and no fuel pumping.
I have checked all fuses, all are great.
I replaced the crank position sensor. "Made no difference"

Any suggestions on what to check next?
Any thoughts on why the code scanner is not linking to the ECU?
Did you ever figure it out? My Tucson same exact scenario. Nobody can figure it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts