Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my oil light is coming on intermittent not staying on just a flicker someone has said change the oil pressure sensor can anyone point me in the right direction of where it is
Car has 111000 miles on the clock had a full service in January of this year
Thanks scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply autospark are they easy to get to with the engine in place and easy to fit going to order the part today would that be the main culprit with the light flickering
Thanks Scott

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,710 Posts
I've never had to replace one, so I don't know how easy it is to access the sensor with the car on the ground. It'll be easy to replace though. The old sensor just unscrews and the new one screws back in.

It probably is the sensor that is faulty causing the light to flicker, but it could also be that the sensor wire has been chaffing and is intermittently coming into contact with the engine block or some other earth/ground. That could cause the light to flicker with the vibrations of driving too. If you were to temporarily disconnect the wire from the sensor the oil light shouldn't come on at all. If it still flickers when the sensor is disconnected it obviously isn't the sensor that is causing it, meaning it must be a problem with the sensor wire.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts