Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:00000732: Hi, i'm new to the hyudnai forum world, I have purchased 2005 hyundai tucson diesel 2.0 crdi, which crossed 79k kilometer, seem to find overall in good condition. no smoke good suspension, folks is their any thing in addition do i have to check further. please help

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Make sure your transmission, brake fluid, engine oil, coolant are in good condition or recently changed. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about the timing belt, it has not been changed when i checked the service record, is it neccessary to change any sensor (crankshft, camshaft), spark plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Check your manual for schedules, timing belt usually last 100KM 5 years or more.
Spark plug & air filter are cheap items, change as you like. & inspect your brake pad.

If it's not broken, don't fix/touch it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your advise, is their any specific time to change the catalyic convertor, could you please suggest from where I can download the owner's manual.
can I use 15w/40 engine oil, cause the vehicle has crossed 80000 km, instead of 5w/30, reason may be, due to viscosity probably the engine life can be increased,

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Cat convertor lasts at least 10+ years.
For owner's manual, try to download from hmaservice dot com. For India I have no idea if you can register. It's free. If not, try Ebay, it costs US$10 for download, or $15-17 for a cd.+ shipping. I got a service CD of Subaru for a friend for $15,
80km engine is very young.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thnx for your reply, i have checked with the delear with regard to the timing belt, they recommend to change it in 80,000km, along with the tensioner and idler, drive belt and tensioner all together they charge for 25k INR, I could like it to do it myself, having fair knowledge in diesel engine. If you could guide me by providing the diagram, I can save quite a lot of money.

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
When changing timing belt, always change the water pump because you would open it up already.
Never heard of changing the tensioner, idle wheel unless ther are all rusted. They should last forever. Same for drive belt. These 3 things Hyundai listed as "inspect" at 96,000KM, thereafter every 24,000KM
70kkm=42k mile. changing the timing belt is waste of money.Your dealer is bullshiting.
My Honda CRV suggested to change timing belt at 138,000KM.
Anyway these are my opinion, if you want to change, do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What can be expected to be the life of a Hyundai Tuscon engine (2005 model) assuming its maintained well?

And what would be a good price to pay for a 2005 model today i.e. 2014?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts