Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day,

My father in law has a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6, he recently replaced the serpentine belt. He was driving down the road and thought that the belt came off so he parked it. He has had some medical issues, so I've been tasked with trying to replace it again. The belt isn't the problem when pulling off the plastic cover in the passenger side wheel well... the tension pulley fell off. After poking around a little more the nut that holds on the pulley is gone. Not sure if he loosened it in an attempt to get the belt back on, but its gone. So I need to find a replacement, the pulley is still good. The belt he replaced is still there.

I can do a lot replacing things here and there on vehicles, but here I am clueless on the actual nut that I would need for the belt. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I unfortunately I cannot pull the bolt off the car to take it somewhere easily to get one.

Thanks

Kevin

Attachments

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Good day,

My father in law has a 2005 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6, he recently replaced the serpentine belt. He was driving down the road and thought that the belt came off so he parked it. He has had some medical issues, so I've been tasked with trying to replace it again. The belt isn't the problem when pulling off the plastic cover in the passenger side wheel well... the tension pulley fell off. After poking around a little more the nut that holds on the pulley is gone. Not sure if he loosened it in an attempt to get the belt back on, but its gone. So I need to find a replacement, the pulley is still good. The belt he replaced is still there.

I can do a lot replacing things here and there on vehicles, but here I am clueless on the actual nut that I would need for the belt. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I unfortunately I cannot pull the bolt off the car to take it somewhere easily to get one.

Thanks

Kevin
That is a bolt and not a nut. He loosened it some how. Your local parts store should be able to hook you up.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Good day,

Thanks

Kevin
He loosened it some how. Your local parts store should be able to hook you up. If you are like me you may have some nuts around you can try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bolt is there, which you cannot remove without taking more parts off. I appreciate your reply, but I need the nut, the pulley goes over the bolt that is there. I need the nut of course to tighten down on the bolt. First thing I did was go to the parts store with questions unfortunately they were unable to help since I 1... did not have the bolt, they said I would need the thread count/depth (or something of the sort).

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hit Hyundai or Kia,, nut for exhaust manifold to head used on 2.7L Santa Fe will suffice,, has 10x1.25 thread with flange on nut.. 14mm hex..

He loosened that nut to allow pulley to slide when adjuster rotated

BTW,, that engine has 2 drive belt..

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
The bolt is there, which you cannot remove without taking more parts off. I appreciate your reply, but I need the nut, the pulley goes over the bolt that is there. I need the nut of course to tighten down on the bolt. First thing I did was go to the parts store with questions unfortunately they were unable to help since I 1... did not have the bolt, they said I would need the thread count/depth (or something of the sort).
I didn't see the picture. Not sure why. When I did see it I thought I deleted the post saying it not a nut but bolt. At any rate, that's the adjustment for tension and not the pulley bolt, which holds the pulley on. I'm sure it's metric but I don't have the info for it. If you have a tap and die set there will be a little tool in it for determining the threads. Do you have a tap and die set? Metric?

·
Registered
882 Posts
you can go to junkyard and find all of the bolts and nuts that may need. Or you can find another nut or bolt on the car with similar size, measure using ruler, then get a new nut from home depot

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
sbr711 is a dealer tech, I just seen his post. . 10x1.25 thread with flange on nut.. 14mm hex. Hardware store with those specs and you're good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts