Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a 2005 accent GS 2 door yesterday, upgrading from a 99 sonata, lovin the car, but im wondering how do i remove the cd player, so i can hook a sub and amp up to it? any one have a video talk thru or diagram or something? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (xyoursweet666x @ Sep 16 2010, 09:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356765
i just got a 2005 accent GS 2 door yesterday, upgrading from a 99 sonata, lovin the car, but im wondering how do i remove the cd player, so i can hook a sub and amp up to it? any one have a video talk thru or diagram or something? thanks
Have you ever changed a CD player before? I ask because it's little tempermental with the Accent. You have to remove the center console cover there are a few screws if you push the drink holders half way in, and then the top pops off. Be very careful pulling it back, because there are a lot of wires back there. Next there is a bracket with four screws that holds in the deck, from that point it's just plug and play and running the cables for your sub and amp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just put a CD player in my 2005 Accent. I have done it many times before but I found this helpful to see exactly how to take the center console out.

It is also not necessary to completely unscrew the glove box the way the guy does in the video. Just push in the sides and let it hang down.

Hope this helps. There are 2 other parts to this video which you should see the link to when this one is finished playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJwKtSMBz0U

1 - 3 of 3 Posts