Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie here. I have a 2005 Elantra (bought new), automatic transmission, 45,000 miles.

My transmission will lurch/jerk/stutter when shifting up between second and third; it never does this when shifting up between any other gears. First noticed this happening occasionally a few years ago, and at that time I read something online that indicated that Hyundai acknowledged that this was a “known issue”. Has anyone out there had a similar experience?

Also, complicating matters: the original dealer where I bought/serviced the car has since gone out of business, so in order to try to get this covered under the warranty, I would have to visit a different dealer entirely. Also, I have some -- but not all -- of the paperwork for the times I visited my original dealer for either routine service or repairs in the past. How difficult this will make it to get any warranty coverage to apply, even if the transmission problem is indeed a known issue?

Any info/personal experience would be appreciated,

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Warranty is valid through any authorized HYUNDAI dealer... part of their franchise agreement.. You can buy in FL, have work done anywhere in the USA, Hyundai will pay the claim if it is a valid warranty concern.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts