Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
The driver window came out of the track. My wife had a private company/guy fix it for $150. It seems he glued the window back in the (regulator) clips. This was 2 months ago. It is now doing it again. Was told that the window can not be glued into the two clips, but the whole window with clips installed, must be replaced. This second company, who advised this said they would replace and 90 day for $150. The original guy is very unreliable, but came today and put the window up and disabled the up/down switch. He is supposedly going to come and glue it back in tomorrow.
Is it true that the glass can not, ever be reliably glued back in. I don't know where the second guy is getting a window and installing less than Hyundai wants for the window glass alone.
Very troubled!!
Walk7

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
On dealer level, we do not have "glue" to attach them plastic lifts to the glass. I have seen fellas try epoxy, and nothing will stick to glass due the surface of glass being so slick..

I have no idea what the vendor/supplier of said part uses for assembly of mounts to the glass.. we just replace the glass so it dont bite us on back side, if anything happens, we can simply warranty the glass through Hyundai for material/workmanship within allowable time frame on particular part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello sbr711,
Thank you for your time, knowledge and reply! I have researched some and what you've said is the prevailing wisdom. I called the company that is coming to replace the window with the clips attached, asking him about the glass and he told me that it was not Hyundai produced and supposedly it was the glass that is purchased by Hyundai for their replacements. I don't know but it seems rather vague as to the manufacturer. Will also have to get it tinted later.
With your help, it still appears to be the correct route.
Appreciated!
Walk7

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Glass shop is getting it from some USA vendor.. look at your Hyundai glass, it'll have a Korean maker on it.. the shop glass might say PPG, or some other vendor..

Hyundai part number glass comes from Korean maker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glass shop is getting it from some USA vendor.. look at your Hyundai glass, it'll have a Korean maker on it.. the shop glass might say PPG, or some other vendor..

Thanks, I'll take a look. Guess it would have to meet a standard...
Walk7

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well the second guy showed up and installed the window glass, American made and it works. Pricey lesson!
Again thanks for your help!
The NEXT problem is that the outer window seal is partially detached..... Guess I'll start a new thread.
Walk7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts