Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm new to the forum, and i am in need of some help.

i just took apart the right rear brake of my accent... and i didn't pay close enough attention to how it goes back together.

so my question is... does anyone have links/pics of how it goes back together

help needed fast!! i work in an hour!

edit: ok, got it back together, but how do i adjust the e-brake now?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
In the past when faced with the same dilema, I have resorted to taking off the wheel from the other side of the car to use the assembled break unit as a guide for reassembly.

·
Registered
546 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jun 2 2010, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328970
In the past when faced with the same dilema, I have resorted to taking off the wheel from the other side of the car to use the assembled break unit as a guide for reassembly.

+1

Did you adjust the shoes to the drum? The E-brake adjustment would be my second worry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (rsquared @ Jun 2 2010, 10:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329062
+1

Did you adjust the shoes to the drum? The E-brake adjustment would be my second worry.

not going to lie..... i'm not really sure
i have been playing with the adjusting mechanism within the drum assembly, and everytime i do, it seems like my e-brake is getting better, but how do i set up the shoes to the drum?

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (TheRed @ Jun 3 2010, 03:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329277
not going to lie..... i'm not really sure
i have been playing with the adjusting mechanism within the drum assembly, and everytime i do, it seems like my e-brake is getting better, but how do i set up the shoes to the drum?
The "brake shoe adjuster" shown in the exploded view above is what you use to adjust the shoes to the drum, and if the whole thing is assembled and set-up properly, it will continue to adjust itself. If you haven't done this before & if you're also unsure of the proper setup of the parking brakes, I'd suggest you read the brake section of the service manual - I'm attaching a copy from a 2001 manual, it should be close enough.

If you plan to maintain the car yourself, I'd recommend that you join the Hyundai Service site (It's free and the process is discussed on this site) where you'll be able to get yourself this type of information & more, or search for the thread that has lots of links to sites where you can get manuals & other useful information & download what you need from one of those links.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Alfons @ Jun 3 2010, 03:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329293
The "brake shoe adjuster" shown in the exploded view above is what you use to adjust the shoes to the drum, and if the whole thing is assembled and set-up properly, it will continue to adjust itself. If you haven't done this before & if you're also unsure of the proper setup of the parking brakes, I'd suggest you read the brake section of the service manual - I'm attaching a copy from a 2001 manual, it should be close enough.

If you plan to maintain the car yourself, I'd recommend that you join the Hyundai Service site (It's free and the process is discussed on this site) where you'll be able to get yourself this type of information & more, or search for the thread that has lots of links to sites where you can get manuals & other useful information & download what you need from one of those links.
the help is much appreciated, i think i have it figured out, e-brake works, brakes work, no dragging....
and i tried joining that service site, but for some reason my computer wouldn't open the page properly? (windows 7, came on the netbook)
i'll have to try it again
thanks again for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts