Hyundai Forums banner

2005 CRTD Fuel Pump, Intermittent Clutch Slip on recent clutch. A note on the Fuel Pump Failures.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Santa Sled 
#1 ·
Hi all.

I've had 5of these over the years for short spells, but the one I have now I've had for over 2 years. This was a 2005 with 147k on it (now 158k) that had a brand new Clutch/Flywheel (2k miles covered) and 4x Cooper Mud/Snow Tyres fitted. I got it for a great price. However, I soon realised that the new clutch was slipping but intermittently and very rarely. Usually at speed in 5th gear.

I use this about town mostly, but I'm surrounded by 60mph rounds too.

On to my point. Having had 5, i know there is a problem with the Fuel Pum O-Rings failing on the underside of the pump. this leads to leaking onto thegearbox/Clutch housing leading to premature Clutch failure. However, I've not actually read this anywehre else. I've simply observed it 3 times on 3 different motors in this range.

What I'm actually wanting to know or research is the possible reasons for Intermittent Clutch Slip. Is there a problem with these vehicles in the clutch area that I'm not aware of? Does the clutch fluid need replaced? Is the Slave defective? It's the Thrust Bearing not releasing?

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.