Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent with about 93k miles. I had run into a problem where the coil packs weren't supplying enough power to get a spark to the plugs. I took it to the dealer and had the crank sensor, coil packs, spark plugs, and the timing and drive belts replaced. Since I've gotten it back, I've had issues starting the car when it's been running at all. Initially it will start fine, but if I stop to get gas, when I try to start the car again, it turns the engine over, but very sluggishly like the battery was dying. I actually bought a new battery, but even from the moment I installed it, it wouldn't turn the motor over. I have to let the engine cool way down before it will start again. I'm not sure if this is a starter issue or a power issue. I've done voltage testing on the battery and the alternator and both are fine. HELP PLEASE!

·
Registered
18 Posts
not quite starter, i would say you have a "ground problem!"
Ground batterie with a jumper cable or two against a good known ground and try again

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent with about 93k miles. I had run into a problem where the coil packs weren't supplying enough power to get a spark to the plugs. I took it to the dealer and had the crank sensor, coil packs, spark plugs, and the timing and drive belts replaced. Since I've gotten it back, I've had issues starting the car when it's been running at all. Initially it will start fine, but if I stop to get gas, when I try to start the car again, it turns the engine over, but very sluggishly like the battery was dying. I actually bought a new battery, but even from the moment I installed it, it wouldn't turn the motor over. I have to let the engine cool way down before it will start again. I'm not sure if this is a starter issue or a power issue. I've done voltage testing on the battery and the alternator and both are fine. HELP PLEASE!
Have you tried the big 3

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,332 Posts
I don't know what he did, but it was 10 years ago so I'm sure he fixed it by now.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts