Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a problem with my 2005 accent for about 2 months now, it started with my idle speed control module that freaked out and my car overheated and went into limp mode, so i cleaned the module and erased the dtc and my car still was in limp mode, so I unplugged my battery for 30 minutes and when i repluged it it wouldn’t want to start, i noticed it was my negative pol on my car that was rusted so i changed it and

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello, I have a problem with my 2005 accent for about 2 months now, it started with my idle speed control module that freaked out and my car overheated and went into limp mode, so i cleaned the module and erased the dtc and my car still was in limp mode, so I unplugged my battery for 30 minutes and when i repluged it it wouldn’t want to start, i noticed it was my negative pol on my car that was rusted so i changed it and
BTW If it's running even in limp mode you have spark. The title needs fixing.
Sorry my post bugged i wrote more, the car cranked and started but was still in limp mode, so i redeleted the dtc’s and my car was still in limp mode, i toped all the liquids (engine and transmission oil and coolant) and redeleted the dtc’s witch now said “low system voltage”. I unplugged the battery again for 30minutes and it was still in limp mode after that. I thought to myself it was probably the alternator so i decided to take the car on a little drive to fully charge the battery to perfom an alternator test. While i was driving i went down a hill and my rpm ( witch usually didn’t go over 3000rpm) went to 3100 and once down the hill the engine cut and didn’t want to restart, so, i changed the alternator, witch was really due, still no start, checked my engine and i have gas and air but no spark at all. So i checked my timing, it is good, i checked my crank shaft sensor, the resistance was out of rang so i changed it, still no spark, check my fuses all ok except one ecu#1 fuse that was burned, witch i changed, and i checked my cam shaft sensor, witch i changed too, still no spark! So to resume, new alternator, new crank and cam shaft sensor and new fuse but no spark, anyone got an idea what it could be?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,134 Posts
i have gas and air but no spark at all.
Do you have gas though? Have you checked that the fuel pump is being switched on DURING CRANK? There is a fuel pump check terminal located on the engine bay fusebox specifically for that purpose...see below. Connect a voltmeter or test light to the check terminal and make sure there is voltage being supplied to it during crank.

Jessy1997 said:
check my fuses all ok except one ecu#1 fuse that was burned
Ah, that will be why your idle was too high and your RPM was being limited. I've come across that fault before. Did you have P0121, P0562, and P2400 too?

Have you checked that the ECU #1 fuse hasn't blown again? I've had this fuse blow due to damaged wiring on the down stream O2 sensor. The sensor is on the exhaust under the firewall. The wiring routes down the back of the engine and passes the driveshaft where it exits the gearbox. The sensor wiring can become detached and chaff on the moving driveshaft, damaging the wiring and causing the ECU #1 fuse to blow. Might be worth taking a look.
[/QUOTE]
Gadget Office equipment Font Electronic instrument Input device

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have gas though? Have you checked that the fuel pump is being switched on DURING CRANK? There is a fuel pump check terminal located on the engine bay fusebox specifically for that purpose...see below. Connect a voltmeter or test light to the check terminal and make sure there is voltage being supplied to it during crank.

Ah, that will be why your idle was too high and your RPM was being limited. I've come across that fault before. Did you have P0121, P0562, and P2400 too?

Have you checked that the ECU #1 fuse hasn't blown again? I've had this fuse blow due to damaged wiring on the down stream O2 sensor. The sensor is on the exhaust under the firewall. The wiring routes down the back of the engine and passes the driveshaft where it exits the gearbox. The sensor wiring can become detached and chaff on the moving driveshaft, damaging the wiring and causing the ECU #1 fuse to blow. Might be worth taking a look.
View attachment 464990

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip i’ll check it quickly and i had the P0562 but not the others

1 - 7 of 7 Posts