Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know this is a topic that has been discussed in detail. I have searched and read every related post on here and other articles I could find on the internet.

My question still remains.....

Where is the fuel filter on a 2005 Accent? Is it in the pump assembly or does Hyundai just use the sock on the pump as the filter? I'm trying to change the filter for a friend.

I had the pump assembly out of the tank once and it didn't appear to be inside there. I know that it isn't on the outside of the tank under the access panel as the service manuals indicating this are incorrect.

Advance sold me a fuel filter for an '05 Accent but it looks like an inline filter that is too big for the pump assembly and looks like it has a grounding tab on it.

It looks exacactly like this:

With fuel filter and pump design, I read that Build dates May of '03 - end of '05 are all the same.

This is the very frustrating. It shouldn't be this difficult to change a fuel filter. I've traced the lines from the motor all the way back to the tank. No sign of a filter.

The only thing I can't see inside is the evap system under the car and next to the tank but I doubt the filter is in that.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
That filter looks quite similar to what the manual on hmaservice shows. :puzzled:  If that were the case, you would have found it when removing the access panel under the seat.

The filter on my '06 is inside the tank as part of the fuel pump assembly.  But that's an entirely different generation of Accent.

Hopefully someone with an LC can chime in on this one. 

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (hoosieraccent @ May 19 2010, 09:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324456
That filter looks quite similar to what the manual on hmaservice shows. :puzzled:  If that were the case, you would have found it when removing the access panel under the seat.

The filter on my '06 is inside the tank as part of the fuel pump assembly.  But that's an entirely different generation of Accent.

Hopefully someone with an LC can chime in on this one. 

Yes, I do know that the '06 assembly is different.

That is the picture that I was referring to as being incorrect. The new filter that advanced sold to me is quite large and doesn't look like it would fit inside the pump assembly itself. Like I said, when I pulled it out the first time I didn't see any sign of a filter or any way that I could fit the one that I have (pictured above) in the assembly.

I'm beginning to wonder if there isn't a filter but just the sock on the end of the pump.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I believe you are correct, that "sock" is the filter. There is no in-line filter...to my knowledge. The '03-'05 model year is commonly called LC2. Hyundai tried some changes mid generation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the forum. I have a 2001 Accent 1.5 motor. I Can not fill my gas tank in 15 minutes as if the air line was clogged. Have taken all appart and blown through the lines to no avail. Have been told the hose might be cracked and clogs of with bsack pressure. Anyone with advice?????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts