Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 2005 Hyundai Accent and somehow the bracket holding the alternator in place broke. I got a new one but I can't seem to remove a bolt that holds part of the bracket to the main engine. It's behind a pulley that seems to be secured in with 4 bolts. Those bolts are on there real tight, and I have to hold the pulley in place to get any progress. Is it okay to remove these? If so, what's the easiest way of doing it?

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,992 Posts
Yes, it's OK to remove those bolts, but I think they are usually loosened while the belt is still on so the tension of the belt stops the pulley from spinning. So put the belt back on and tension it, then loosen the four bolts, then remove the belt again. Now you can completely remove the bolts and the pulley.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't thank you enough for this post dude! I was able to get my car up and running again, and it's a huge relief that there was no damage to the alternator or the radiator! Thanks for your help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.