Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I found a company online that repairs, replaces bad parts including chips if needed, and reprograms ECUs.

They quoted me $179 plus shipping, with a 3 day turn around. And a Lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
That sounds like a good deal or a lifetime warranty.
But a Pick A Part would be a lot cheaper, although you would not know if the ECU is undamaged.
Some places let you buy a warranty with the parts if you want.
The local Pick A Parts out here have ECUs for around $40 with a warranty for the '05 Hyundai.
Newer ones are more but I'm sure a car that old will be the second to the cheapest.
https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/

·
Registered
73 Posts
I try to buy parts from obviously wrecked cars at Pull a Part. At least you know from that, that the car was running when it was totaled. Failing that, it's hard to pick a good ECU from a salvage yard. That said, I haven't seen too many reports of failed ECUs on this forum (might have missed them), so I'd think for $40 it's worth a try. LOT easier than replacing the crank sensor--which I didn't even attempt. Cheaper than missing a couple fares.

Worked for me...different car, of course.

YMMV

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar problem solved

Not sure if your car is equipped with a ECO feature. In a nutshell, it is put on cars to increase mileage by restructuring the engines performance via the computer. On my 2011 Azera, while on, it actually shuts off the gas flow while decelerating. My car has stalled many times and no fault codes show up so the dealer throws his hands up and says there's no problem he can find! He didn't tell me about the ECO performance however...I had to learn about that myself. I turned it off via the trip reset button and no problems in the recent past. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
In the end.. it was the ECU.

I purchased a lifetime warranty "rebuilt" ECU off the internet. It has been reliable ever since.

The ECU was located under the dash, ahead of the Console. Near the front foot heater vents.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
In the end.. it was the ECU.

I purchased a lifetime warranty "rebuilt" ECU off the internet. It has been reliable ever since.

The ECU was located under the dash, ahead of the Console. Near the front foot heater vents.
Congrats on fixing your problem. It was interesting to see that you suspected that part a long time ago. I'm glad you didn't sent that ECU in to be refurbished as they may have not found your intermittent problem and just shipped your bad ECU back to you.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts