Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I am new here because I need help from you.
A local mechanic replaced my car's TPS, Gaskets, Spark plugs, Plug wire, etc.Total costing me $800....?
But still idling rough at low rpm.
So, I took it to Hyundai to check it, they say that I need to replace Throttle body and reflash the computer. And asked me for $1,620 for it.
Do I need to reflash the computer--?
Is there any low cost way to get my car run good as new again--?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but the image is broken up. Can you possibly repost it or email me--?
I ended up replacing Throttle body but rpm is up & down and going crazy. Hope that I am not going to need the computer replacement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As after throttle body replacement, my rpm is up and down, and dying, should I be considering computer replacement--?
If so, do I need to take it to dealer and get it reprogrammed--?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
XG350 was prone to doing weird electrical things because the grounding between the motor and the battery was poor.

I got a buddy's XG350 now, today which has a "no start" gremlin, as if the battery is dead or dying. Then miraculously it starts as if nothing happens, and everything checks out fine.

I have a 2003 Kia Sedona that wouldn't start 50 miles from anyplace in North-woods Maine. After a $600 tow job to the nearest town, it also started like nothing had happened.

My 2012 Sedona likes to stall, lose power, backfire, lights and gauges going crazy then die with my Mom in the car and the A/C blasting. Finally it too will not start, acts like dead battery. Wait a few minutes and... VROOOOOM.

All three if these cars have the same problem: insufficient, short grounding from battery to motor. XG was notorious for this problem, I think there was a recall or at least a TSB on XG.

Now, your symptoms don't match at all. But if I was in your shoes right now, I'd put the old throttle body back in, and make a new ground wire from the motor to the battery. Won't cost anything, easy to do, might just work, you should do the ground wire in any event.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
XG350 was prone to doing weird electrical things because the grounding between the motor and the battery was poor.

I got a buddy's XG350 now, today which has a "no start" gremlin, as if the battery is dead or dying. Then miraculously it starts as if nothing happens, and everything checks out fine.

I have a 2003 Kia Sedona that wouldn't start 50 miles from anyplace in North-woods Maine. After a $600 tow job to the nearest town, it also started like nothing had happened.

My 2012 Sedona likes to stall, lose power, backfire, lights and gauges going crazy then die with my Mom in the car and the A/C blasting. Finally it too will not start, acts like dead battery. Wait a few minutes and... VROOOOOM.

All three if these cars have the same problem: insufficient, short grounding from battery to motor. XG was notorious for this problem, I think there was a recall or at least a TSB on XG.

Now, your symptoms don't match at all. But if I was in your shoes right now, I'd put the old throttle body back in, and make a new ground wire from the motor to the battery. Won't cost anything, easy to do, might just work, you should do the ground wire in any event.
Thanks,
I will add another ground to the battery see if that helps.
And as one guy says to check the intake gaskets for any leaks, I might do that too.
I just loved how it ride over the years that I owned without any issues.
And hate to give it up yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Chino,

I had a similar occurrancewhere the service tech failed to run the necessary ELECTRONIC THROTTLE CONTROL SYSTEM
(ETS) INITIALIZATION.

It's very simple. You can do it. See attached PDF.
Can you please resend me the file, how to reset the Throttle body system please ~~~?
Thank you~!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, but the image is broken up. Can you possibly repost it or email me--?
I ended up replacing Throttle body but rpm is up & down and going crazy. Hope that I am not going to need the computer replacement.
The TPS replacement and now, especially. the throttle body replacement makes it ESSENTIAL that the procedure I gave you is run or the car will simply NOT work properly.

Did you have the dealership replace the throttle body?
Do you know why the TPS was replaced?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts