Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my front upper control arms, drove great, for a few days. Now there squeaking again and I don't know why.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
I replaced my front upper control arms, drove great, for a few days. Now there squeaking again and I don't know why.
Maybe the sway bar links?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I only recommend OEM rubber bushings. I tried cheap unbranded and Mevotech upper control arms and they failed after a few months. You also need to preload the wheel before tightening the bushing bolts, or the rubber will be twisted too much and get ripped on the first day.

You may also need new lower bushings. If the lower control arms are not strong enough, the upper control arms have to hold more load, and wear out faster. As I said before, OEM front lower bushings only

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a "front end package" that came with pretty much everything; upper/lower control arms, ball joints, etc.. I only replaced upper arms and the tie rods.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Replace the rest.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Never do major front end replacement parts in stages.
If you are going to replace the upper then the lower is bad but you just may not be able to tell how bad since the upper was so bad.
If you bought a kit then do it all.
And as Camper said, make sure to preload the suspension when before you tighten the bushing bolts.
I got in in a hurry once and didn't do this and it destroyed my brand new bushings.
I'll never make that mistake again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts