Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of you out there. Looking to purchase a new or secondhand computer box that working 100% for the fualt on my Terracan going into limp mode under load.Did everthing to it and points to computer box. I am situated in Cape Town Belville.
39101-4X740 Hyundai Nr

·
1,462 Posts
Are you completely sure the ECM (computer) is at fault?

Any time the 2.9 crdi Terracan goes into "limp mode", its because "something threatening to the engine" is happening. Some situations that commonly trigger limp mode are:

1) Low oil level or low oil pressure.
2) High coolant temp or low coolant level.
3) EGR valve malfunction.

I suggest plugging in an appropriate scanner and retrieve any error codes stored. Start from there checking all systems. Of course, check oil and coolant levels first.

Have in mind that sometimes the ECM is triggered to a fault condition or limp mode, not because something is bad (sensor, pump, etc), but because the connectors to such sensors are dirty, rusted, broken or such.

Let us know your findings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ecm

RBURGOSS,

I am sure my mechanic has done everthing he can, testing etc..
Will post if fualt is repaired by ECM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi to all of you out there. Looking to purchase a new or secondhand computer box that working 100% for the fualt on my Terracan going into limp mode under load.Did everthing to it and points to computer box. I am situated in Cape Town Belville.
39101-4X740 Hyundai Nr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts