Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I have an 04 Sonata 2.7 6 cyl, about 140 k miles. The other day coming from work my car would not accelerate. It will start to and then it will be like letting my foot off the gas, but i am not. I checked for codes and found a tps error w/ no CEL. Replaced it to no avail.Thought it felt like the trannsmission but had it rebuilt less than 10000 miles ago. Also when i got home i put in park and held throttle to about 4k rpm and it still surged wildly. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am not a mechanic but know a little about cars, but these newer ones are really difficult

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm very interested in the answer also. I have a similar problem with a 2003 Sonata. Transmission just had work done and now I have a code for MAF sensor as well as TPS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've noticed something similar when the outside temperature fluctuates a lot day-to-day, the RPMS will just skyrocket or drop while I'm driving. Car still goes, no CEL.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If you got a TPS error code, replaced the TPS and it made no difference, then suspect a short in the TPS wiring harness. I had one, it made me crazy for a year before I figured it out. To test, simply unplug the TPS and observe if it smooths out. You won't be able to accelerate quickly, but it should smooth out at constant throttle application.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts