Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started having issues where ac would run on 1 and 2, but not 3 or 4. Could get it to go to 4 if I tapped on the knob with a lighter. Now it won't turn on at all and when I tap on the knob the radio goes to CD and back to radio so I think something behind the ac/radio console is the problem. Replaced the blower motor resistor, based on mechanic suggestion and that was not the problem. Any other suggestions? Was looking at replacing the blower motor speed control knob module, does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The blower speed knob is part of a panel that can be replaced as a whole unit.
There should be tons of these at your local pick a part type of salvage yard.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The blower speed knob is part of a panel that can be replaced as a whole unit.
There should be tons of these at your local pick a part type of salvage yard.
True. I was at Pull a Part the other day getting some odd & ends. Must've seen half a dozen. I was thinking about swapping my GL trim for the faux-wood GLS. Looked to be an easy switch; just pry off the trim and unscrew the AC controls (two screws as I recall). Too much trouble for just the center-stack. To do it right, I'd need the rest of the interior trim.

I settled for getting the center console lid. The GLS has a separate shallow compartment in the lid--and leather covering--whereas the GL's is just a lid with a vinyl-wrapped pad. Two screws; easy swap...although I had to epoxy one of the screw-holders back on to make it secure.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I thought about a wood trim swap but it would be more hassle than it's worth unless you can find a donor that has pristine pieces.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just purchased that blower switch and replaced it for about $35. Fairly easy job... maybe 15 min. I have the part number is you would like it. Got it at Advanced Auto Parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts