Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help, I am even mad that the dealership screwed me over on the the trouble shooting of the car.

So the SF dies after running for around 20 minutes, but will restart later, will always run for a while then die. The codes pulled where Cam sensor, crank sensor, and MAF/MAP sensor. the guy at the dealership tells me its the cam sensor. well I take it home, replace the sensor, and still have this issue. This is the exact reason I hate taking my vehicles to shops, they lie about everything to get my hard earned money that I cant afford to be throwing away!

I wish I could check the fuel pressure, however you have to have aspecial adapter for that. the car only has 110k miles on it, I just replaced the timing belt and 95k.

Thanks for any help that can be thrown my way.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Hi,
The same as the other thread about mysterious stalling.
One item several times popped up on the forum with also mysterious concequences like stalling randomly was the fuel tank.
It seems the fuel tank inner lining / paint seems to flake off after many years, so clogging the in tank fuel pump filter. Obviously when the engine is running the pump pulls the particles and flakes onto the filter. When engine stalls and sitts for a while the particles/flakes could fall off again and "everything is ok".
So I would check the internals of the fuel tank, be it a bit of a hassle to get it out or opened to flush it and clean.
Good luck,
Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts