Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out if this code (Ignition/Distributor engine speed) is something that I need to freak out about and rob a bank to have fixed!? The guy at the Auto Zone asked me if the car is hard to start or running rough. The car seems to be running fine. I maintain the car with regular oil changes, just had to Firestone to replace some belts and a pulley. I'm just trying to see if I need to run back to Firestone today, pay $100.00 to have them check the "check engine" code then fix whatever the problem may be.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I'm trying to find out if this code (Ignition/Distributor engine speed) is something that I need to freak out about and rob a bank to have fixed!? The guy at the Auto Zone asked me if the car is hard to start or running rough. The car seems to be running fine. I maintain the car with regular oil changes, just had to Firestone to replace some belts and a pulley. I'm just trying to see if I need to run back to Firestone today, pay $100.00 to have them check the "check engine" code then fix whatever the problem may be.
See is this thread helps:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/195-sm-2001-2006-santa-fe/155908-p0320.html

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
This code applicable to (2) of the (3) available engine for the Santa Fe,, I dont see what engine you have..

Either way, the 2.4 has the part mounted on the stamp steel bracket at rear of cylinder head,, follow wiring from coils toward the throttle body, see black chunk plastic thing bolted to the bracket...

3.5L... follow wiring from coils to cross-over assembly at rear of both cylinder head and near the upper radiator hose water outlet,, black plastic chunk looking thing bolted to cross-over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts