Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Santa Fe GLS. The fuel gauge move to full sometimes and would drop to empty. I assume it was the sending unit so I order a new fuel pump with sending unit. Upon install the gauge reads 1/4 tank and I have just a little above 1/2 tank. After installing the new pump the gauge remain in the same position I started to shake the wire at the connection and it drop to empty. I continue test the wire and it was not broken so I seem to be out of ideas. I tough there is a second one on this vehicle but I don't think the 04 have a second sending unit. there is only 135 000 km on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Turn out there is a second sending unit under the passenger rear seat right side. I ohm out to see if the gauge is working and it was working fine then it stop when I plug it in back. I shake the wire it started to work. It was the yellow wire broken inside (rot) I just pull on the plug on top and it come right out..the other side did not. I ohm it and it work fine so I clean the top and re solder a piece of wire and reattach it and my fuel gauge works again.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts