Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer, the A/C wouldnt come on so I took it to the dealership and they said it was overcharged. how it became overcharge i have no idea because the A/C has never been touched. anyway, they drained it, refilled it and it ran fine for the summer. now this year it isn't turning on again and i checked the pressure and it is overcharged again. any idea what would cause this? thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If it was serviced with A/C machine which weighs the charge, and not touched since, there is NO WAY it can be overcharged later unless they overcharged it in the first place..

How do you know it is overcharged currently? The system is not running for you to know. Do you have a set of gauges installed and see maybe 100-120 psi on both sides with system not running ? If so, this is normal, as the system equalizes when sitting.. then we develop approx 150-175 on high side running (ambient temp affects pressure), and typically 25-35 psi on the low when running, and the suction line will be nice and cold leading away from expansion valve to reflect approx evaporator temp.

I would be leaning on an electrical concern, but need to verify system has sufficient pressure to trip the switcth to provide input to PCM we have gas, A/C button signal to PCM, then if both good to go, PCM send signal to A/C relay to close and send power to compressor field coil.. Have put a few compressor on this past month or so on the 2.7's for the compressor body leak at middle seam, and 1 for field coil, for the extra $100, can buy a HYUNDAI re-man compressor, rather than clutch on old compressor..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts