Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Recently got an 04 Santa Fe for my daughter and went through all manners of grief to change the plugs on it. That's a good thing considering I had to dig the boots out of cylinders 3 & 5. Took forever, but I was successful. I also noticed when removing the intake that the port leading to the EGR was gunked up so I sprayed it out with carb cleaner. Still no biggie. Got everything back together and I found a single disconnected green wire that I do not recall ever touching. It is on the left side of the engine running back toward the firewall from a cylindrical plug located just below 2 larger plugs (one is the crankshaft sensor plug I think). On the other end of the wire, it looks like it should be connected to something, but it isn't. It's had to explain, but it looks like a butt connector.

It hasn't prevented the car from running fine, however after about 30-40 minutes of driving, I get check engine light code P0401 insufficient exhaust flow. No other symptoms. I don't have a vacuum gauge so I haven't checked the EGR itself, but they're cheap enough to just replace. The vacuum hoses seem fine, but I'll probably replace them too. However, could it be related to that single green wire? Could this wire go to an exhaust sensor? If so, where? Attached is a picture of the wire. Hope someone has seen this. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe that is the wire i traced down at a junkyard on a 3.5 and it went to a sending unit or sensor connected to the oil filter housing. I believe it is a oil temperature sensor or an oil level sensor. But don't quote. My no run was a nightmare. I'm still getting a p401.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts