Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2004 tiburon 2.0l auto and I’ve been having some issues with the ecu. I took it to a professional and they said the ecu isn’t sending the correct info out to all the sensors which is making it not run. In other words the ecu is shot. I would like to know if I would be able to swap it with a good ecu out of another tiburon with the same motor and transmission. Or if I would just have to take it to a Hyundai proffessional and have them reflash the ecu. Thank you.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
I took it to a professional and they said the ecu isn’t sending the correct info out to all the sensors which is making it not run.
Technically, the sensors send info in to the ECU, not the other way round.

dgreen456 said:
In other words the ecu is shot.
Personally, I doubt that's true but let's assume the professionals are correct for now.

dgreen456 said:
I would like to know if I would be able to swap it with a good ecu out of another tiburon with the same motor and transmission. Or if I would just have to take it to a Hyundai proffessional and have them reflash the ecu.
That really depends on where on the planet you live. If your in the USA, then you should be able to simply replace the ECU with another from a donor vehicle.

If you live elsewhere the car will likely have a transponder key immobilizer meaning the ignition key is coded to the ECU. To make the engine run with the donor ECU you would either need to have the replacement ECU coded to your ignition keys at the Hyundai dealer, or you'd need to use the ignition keys from the donor vehicle to bypass the immobilizer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts