Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ~
My Sonata refuses to start after I fill up with gas. I first noticed this problem about 2 weeks ago and thought that maybe it was bad gas at the station. So I switched gas stations and it still happened. I have also tried putting in the fuel cleaner and it still does it.
After about 3 tries, it does eventually start and then its fine until I need gas in about 5 to 7 days. I tried leaving the car ON when I get the gas and it starts choking and shaking like a leaf before it again CUTS the **** off! Then I am right back at giving it at least 3 tries before it starts again. Needless to say I just finished paying for the **** car and this happens.....

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on with my car? I plan on taking it in within the next week or 2 but wanted to act like I knew what was wrong before I took it in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

OOPS! I just realized that perhaps I should have posted this under the correct model. It takes so long for the different pages to come up, that I lost site of where I was. Disregard. I will post it where it belongs.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace the purge control valve.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Moved to 3G Sonata section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts