Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I was trying to use the tape deck in my H290 stock radio but it suddenly won't function at all. There is a tape stuck in the unit and when I try to eject it it does nothing but spins for a few seconds and then stops. I'm not sure if the little wheels are actually spinning or just trying to spin but I can hear it trying to do something. The radio and cd player still work so just the tape deck is having the issue. When I first noticed it, the radio displayed error message Er8. Since displaying this message it hasn't done anything at all (besides the brief spinning noise) when I touch any of the tape controls and i can't get the tape out.

I tried to reset it like the manual says by holding the eject button down for 5 seconds and I've tried to unplug my battery to reset it but neither worked. Does anyone know of anything else that I can try? Is there a way that I can take the radio out and manually remove the tape or manually remove it without removing the radio? I'd like to avoid buying a whole new headunit but I'd rather do that than tear out the one that's in there if it's just shot anyway. Has anyone ever had this problem before and fixed it? I'd really appreciate any help or insight anyone can give me on this topic.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same thing Happen, I tried for days and days and the tape would not release. I tried all those same things you did as well.
I got mad and bought a new one much nicer and had it installed. Problem solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The only way ti recover your cassette is to pull the unit out of the car, by first pulling off the bezel (i reach into the A/C ducts and pull hard) 4 screws remove the radio. You'll have to first remove the top of the radio (4 screws) then the CD player (4 screws and pull the ribbon connector out of the tape transport) then the tape deck (2 screws in front, pull rear up, as there are 2 connectors) then slide the parts on the left side to raise the transport-the heads are probably retracted. At this point you can reassemble, but the tape deck probably won't still work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts