Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side brake light went out so I first tried changing bulbs and then I replaced the circuit housing thingy (okay, I know nothing about cars but I always try to fix things myself before paying someone). Anyway, I bought a Chinese compatible off of Ebay. Instead of blue, orange, black wires it had green, red and black wires (or something like that) and the bulb holder thing that snaps into the car socket opening didn't exactly fit perfectly and had to be encouraged to pop in. I got the brake light working but it is dimmer than the other side. I swapped bulbs as a test but it still came up dimmer. I checked the wires that I spliced together and they are about as good as I can get them (I'm running out of line to splice). Any ideas? I can live with it as it's better than no light at all but I would prefer it get bright like it's suppose to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is one of those cases where a picture is worth a thousand words. It's possible you didn't hook it up right. It's also possible you have a voltage problem somewhere else up the line, or some kind of grounding issue at the tail light. If you have a voltmeter, check the voltage at the both sockets with a helper applying the brakes. They should be nearly identical (within .25 volts, probably).

If you don't have a voltmeter, get one. They're cheap and infinitely useful for all sorts of things, including automotive work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts