Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2004 Hyundai getz 1.3 Manual, it has remote central locking and Im having a problem with it and was hoping someone may be able to help.
My key is the one with one single button on the side that is used for both lock and Unlock.
Yesterday my car refused to unlock with the remote, and it beeped the horn at me when i pushed the button, It never beeps for any reason under normal circumstances.
I unlocked it manually with the key, opened the drivers door and of course it set off the factory alarm function, and honked the horn until i managed to get it to stop by locking the doors with the remote again.
So the symptoms are this:
Will not unlock doors from remote, just beeps horn once when button pressed.
Doors all unlock from drivers door if key turned in lock manually.
Doors all lock with the remote as per normal.
Drivers door master actuator tests fine when 12v applied to pins 1 and 3, and same when 12v polarity is reversed. (Locks one way, unlocks the other, all doors as master should.)
Have swapped Lock/Unlock relays to see if problem reversed(To see if it would change from not unlocking to not locking) but problem stayed the same when relays swapped around.
Have replaced key fob battery with brand new one today.

So my suspicion lies in the remote reciever box, can someone help me out and tell me if its the black box above the lock/unlock relays under the dash? And if so is there any way to reset it, or replace it etc.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stimpy
Bluff (The riviera of the antarctic)
The deep South
New Zealand

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
So my suspicion lies in the remote reciever box, can someone help me out and tell me if its the black box above the lock/unlock relays under the dash? And if so is there any way to reset it, or replace it etc.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Stimpy
Bluff (The riviera of the antarctic)
The deep South
New Zealand
Where you are, is it warm at this time of year?
Sorry, just dreaming of warm weather.

Just wondering, if the receiver isn't working then the remote wouldn't lock??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not necessarily, all speculation until someone that knows posts a reply. 32+deg C today in invercargill, hottest day in recorded history.....

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
Not necessarily, all speculation until someone that knows posts a reply. 32+deg C today in invercargill, hottest day in recorded history.....
Yeah, speculation. Can't see it and can't do any test on it?

3 degrees above zero F, or -16 degrees C here ... lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved....for now..... removed Etacs box and cleaned contacts, plugged back in and hey presto! All working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts