Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the power steering hoses replaced on my car and the mechanic had a hard time getting the old ones removed. Afterwards, my speedometer and odometer didn't work. Everything else on the dash works including the tachometer and all lights etc. Any ideas on why this happened? Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,180 Posts
If it worked before the mechanic worked on the car but didn't immediately after, I would take it back to the mechanic and ask him to check his work to see if maybe he disturbed something relating to the vehicle speed sensor while he was replacing the hoses.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it worked before the mechanic worked on the car but didn't immediately after, I would take it back to the mechanic and ask him to check his work to see if maybe he disturbed something relating to the vehicle speed sensor while he was replacing the hoses.

Yes, you’re right but he’s too cranky and didn’t charge me so I’d rather try and find some solutions before I take it somewhere else. 😋

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,180 Posts
I’d rather try and find some solutions before I take it somewhere else. 😋
Well, double check the mechanics work yourself and see if maybe he disturbed something relating to the vehicle speed sensor while he was replacing the hoses. The speed sensor is usually mounted on the gearbox right at the back where the driveshafts exit the box...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, double check the mechanics work yourself and see if maybe he disturbed something relating to the vehicle speed sensor while he was replacing the hoses. The speed sensor is usually mounted on the gearbox right at the back where the driveshafts exit the box...
View attachment 455771

This is all I can see, thanks for the suggestion though.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So last week I took my car to a mechanic and he found that the speed sensor had been unplugged. Great news for me, an easy fix. Thanks Autospark for your suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts