Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo, everyone and thanks to anyone who may help. I have the USA Version of the 2004 Hyundai Santa FE in Europe and it has Yellow Position lights on the sides, the law in Europe changed in 2010/2011 and it has to be white and separated from the blinker. I noticed in my version of the lamps, I have two cable assemblies one going ot the blinker/yellow position with 3 cables and one going to the front white lights. This was not an issue till my inspection today.

Now I need to somehow turnoff the yellow light from being on all the time and allow it to only work when blinking and add a position 5w light.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this or have the part number for the front lights for the european editon?

Also I have to have one fog light lighting in the rear. Any ideas on this too?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Try seeing if you can find someone how has done this. Maybe Youtube or google.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
Now I need to somehow turnoff the yellow light from being on all the time and allow it to only work when blinking
That bit's dead easy...just cut the wire that supplies power to the marker filament off the lamp connector.

kommie said:
and add a position 5w light.
This is quite easy too. Just fit a couple of additional 5W lamps to the front bumper somewhere. Connect them to the wires you cut off the bulb holders above. Maybe something like this Not the neatest solution perhaps, but perfectly legal.

kommie said:
Also I have to have one fog light lighting in the rear. Any ideas on this too?
How many brake lights are on your car? If you have brake lamps in the main rear lamps on the car body and an additional set on the rear bumper you could rewire the bumper lamps to serve as rear fogs. You'd need to fit a switch with a telltale warning lamp for the rear fog lamps too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That bit's dead easy...just cut the wire that supplies power to the marker filament off the lamp connector.

This is quite easy too. Just fit a couple of additional 5W lamps to the front bumper somewhere. Connect them to the wires you cut off the bulb holders above. Maybe something like this Not the neatest solution perhaps, but perfectly legal.

How many brake lights are on your car? If you have brake lamps in the main rear lamps on the car body and an additional set on the rear bumper you could rewire the bumper lamps to serve as rear fogs. You'd need to fit a switch with a telltale warning lamp for the rear fog lamps too.
The top breaklight and two on side. I found something like this but it will not be what they want meaning a switch on/off fog light

Hyundai Santa Fe Rear Fog Light modification

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
Yes, your going to have to fit a switch with an indicator/telltale warning light and route a wire to the rear of the car. But at least you already have the lamps on the car although you only need to wire one of them up. You only need one rear fog lamp on the drivers side of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts