Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:^_^ I'm 3rd Party to the problem, I'm just trying help shed some light on the situation as the owner says it's all Greek to them... They have a 2004 Elentra with a Standard Transmission... With this so called Polar Vortex we have been experiencing it's been brutal on the Elentra.....Apparently the Clutch is not responding as it should..Yes vehicles have come a long way but a Mechanic friend has told them to check the Fluid Resivoir beside the Brake Resivoir on the Firewall..I always thought being a Standard Transmission if the thinking is that the fluid level may be down because the clutch peddle feels spongy..In order to check the fluid level that would have to done underneath by loosening a plug on the side of the Transmission Housing and sticking your pinky in to see if it gets wet ??? :confused:

·
Registered
11 Posts
No, you don't pull a plug to check the fluid. Just like the brakes, the hydraulic clutch has a master cylinder which operates the slave cylinder on top of the bell housing.

To check the fluid level, check the clutch master cylinder's plastic reservoir. Excellent video here:

I would highly recommend buying a manual for your car. Haynes or Chilton would do nicely. Otherwise the youtube videos can be very informative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts