Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I have a question. When I'm driving at night, my flasher doesn't light up. They do aswell when I'm signaling left or right, I can see my orange light, but not when I'm not using them (it's just off). I only have my bumper orange light that is working.

Is it normal? I never saw a car doing this :puzzled:

thanks if someone can help me

Christ

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Pop the headlamp assembly out (3) bolts, and remove the marker/turn socket from the headlamp housing.. remove bulb, see if it has 2 contacts on base of bulb.... if so, replace bulb,, making sure to note high and low pin positions on the bulb so you match the same slots in the socket... don't want to turmn on the mark lights and have a bright orange glow from turn signal filament because you installed bulb backwards.. :banana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? this can makes my flasher working when I signal, and not glowing at night? :blink: , well, I'll take a look at that. Thanks for the tip!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Actually your turn signal is working just fine. In North America (USA and Canada), the parking light can be either white or amber and on the '04 through '06 Elantra, they chose to use a small white one and dedicate the turn signal bulb for that function. With your lights off, look in the reflector bowl of the low beam headlights and you'll see a small white bulb at the base. It should come on with the parking lights and if it doesn't, the bulb is shot.

Long story short....there is nothing wrong with your turn signal. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts