Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a kit online. Anyone have any experience?
Seems to be a choice between a Sachs kit or a Beck Arnley .

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hyundai parts is usually on shelf if dealer keep any inventory.. saves you shipping, damaged/wrong parts.

·
Registered
467 Posts
B/A stuff is generally very good quality and sometimes is just a relabeled OE part.

I've only used a couple Sachs parts, but they were good quality. I think Sachs may be an OE supplier.

The best sources for B/A parts are generally Amazon and Rock Auto.

If you want to buy OE parts, skip your local dealer, the prices quoted will probably make your head explode. On a large order like this shopping online will pay off big time. My preferred genuine parts store is Hyundai OEM Parts.

Hyundai Replacement Parts | Hyundai Part Number & Factory Parts

You may also want to look at Auto 7, if they're available. Almost all the Auto 7 parts I've bought were genuine Hyundai parts with an Auto 7 sticker added.

·
supporting vendor
246 Posts
If you'd ever like to compare prices when contemplating aftermarket parts vs OEM parts, you can always use our site for OEM parts to see which is the better deal! Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any help either.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought an Exedy kit. It uses a Valeo clutch assembly, which last I checked, is the same as what Hyundai uses as OEM.

I forget if the 04 uses the same clutch as the 06 but the part number for the 06 is 05087.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
sachs is pretty good from what i hear, have a luk clutch in my accent right now and there's nothing wrong with it. don't get dynapak....had one previously and its utter garbage. if you're the kind of driver that slips your clutch a little on engagement, those things burn VERY easily. found that out trying to teach my girlfriend how to drive a manual....

as far as OEM and dealer goes, i say screw it. spend more for a car that is almost 10 years old. why?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Any good upgrade (stronger) clutches out there?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
sure, google is your friend there.

keep in mind that unless you're adding significant torque to that engine, upgrading the clutch isn't going to do you much good. its nice and all, but its kind of like putting forged pistons into a regular everyday commuter engine with no mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts