Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

My 2004's driver window works smoothly (including the auto down function), but recently has developed an intermittent problem: if lowered fully, it sometimes will not respond when button is set to raise. No clicks, no half-hearted attempts, no grinding, the window just remains still and silent.

So far, applying a firm thump or two on the upper inside trim panel door brings it back to its senses, and it raises smoothly.

Where to start diagnosing? Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I understand these little critters like to develop a short in the driver-side door wiring. I purchased mine a couple months ago with a known short. The gentleman warned me it's in the driver-side door (passage window), something about that's the door that is used the most. I was hoping to find out how to find the short.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,323 Posts
I was hoping to find out how to find the short.
Sometimes the wiring in the rubber tubing between the car body and the door will break because the wiring in that area is flexed every time you open/close the door. Obviously, the driver's door is more likely to break because that is the door that is opened and closed most often. In my experience though, it's not a very common problem on Hyundai cars.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Greetings all,

My 2004's driver window works smoothly (including the auto down function), but recently has developed an intermittent problem: if lowered fully, it sometimes will not respond when button is set to raise. No clicks, no half-hearted attempts, no grinding, the window just remains still and silent.

So far, applying a firm thump or two on the upper inside trim panel door brings it back to its senses, and it raises smoothly.

Where to start diagnosing? Thanks!
Pull the panel and take a look. Do a wiggle test if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts