Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly suspect my seat belt alarm has been un-plugged.

I have a black/red wire - black plug that is disconnected under the DRIVER SEAT.
The black/red wire comes out of the floor board in a black plastic harness tube. It IS NOT the YELLOW PLUGS (those are plugged in). So is the WHITE plug by what appears to be rear floor heat/AC vents.

my AirBag Light is on.
When I start the car with NO SEAT BELT ON there is NO ALARM. The open door alarm works.

When I test drove the car I vaguely remember the Sweet Gentleman saying something about a purse in the passage seat would set the seat belt alarm off.

I am assuming the black plug goes to the seat belt alarm and has been unplugged because my purse does not cause the alarm.

How do I find the receptacle that the black plug goes into? I took pictures under the seat from back and front (hoping to see the receptacle), I'm not seeing where it should plug in.

Thank You.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
There a pressure sensor in the seat to tell when someone's sitting in it. If it registers a light weight it'll turn off the airbag for the passenger side. Can you feel around the bottom of the seat for a connector?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
If you jumper that empty plug it should normally turn off the seat belt chime. Seeing as yours is already off with no jumper there may be something done up stream in the wiring.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
If you jumper that empty plug it should normally turn off the seat belt chime. Seeing as yours is already off with no jumper there may be something done up stream in the wiring.
What is the connector for...to?

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
If it's for the seat belt it connects to the buckle.
Ahh...the old buckle switch....
Red and black wires is not usual for a switch but then we are talking about a Hyundai. :laugh:

Wait a minute....is this a single wire red with black tracer? Me is thinking so. I don't have the diagrams for this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took pictures of the underside of the drivers seat. I've used a flash light, looked and felt and can not see or feel a receptacle that the black plug with a (1)black & (1)red wire would plug into.

There is a white plug that is plugged in that comes off the seat beat (bottom of the female side of the belt). The yellow plugs are connected. There is a white plug that is by the under the seat vent that blows towards the back seat, that is plugged in.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,283 Posts
That's the power supply connector for power seats which your car doesn't have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK YOU.

Now I can move on and try to figure out why I have no seat belt warning alarm (and why my Air Bag light is on). If I read and understood it correctly it's all inter-connected.

The sweet Gentleman that sold me the car said he had had the Air Bag light worked on. About 2 weeks later there was a recall on it. Then the light came back on and he wasn't sure if it was still eligible for the recall. I have not seen a Air Bag light recall posted on this year/model (04).

I get some people don't like the warning alarm but I do. It reminds me to make my 83 yr old father put his belt on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Seatbelt and Airbag

In my '06, I get a flashing belt warning on the dash when a belt is not
buckled. I get no chiming notification. If your airbag lamp is lit, there
will be a code set that can be used to locate the cause. If you have not
scanned the car for codes, it would be a good time to do it. Most of your
local parts stores will scan the car and give you a list of codes. They will
most likely not "Reset" the module for you, but you may know someone
with a scan tool that has the ability to clear the codes.

Best of luck,
Paul

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In my '06, I get a flashing belt warning on the dash when a belt is not
buckled. I get no chiming notification. If your airbag lamp is lit, there
will be a code set that can be used to locate the cause. If you have not
scanned the car for codes, it would be a good time to do it. Most of your
local parts stores will scan the car and give you a list of codes. They will
most likely not "Reset" the module for you, but you may know someone
with a scan tool that has the ability to clear the codes.

Best of luck,
Paul
I've had the codes read. None of my local auto parts stores have a reader that reads the seat/air bag codes.

I did have a EGR Valve code. Replaced it. The check engine light was off, (had it read for the seat belt-Air bag when the check engine light was off, nothing), for 3 trips into town. Came back on.

Had it read again; Code P0401 EGR Air Flow Insuffectant. Thinking it's the hose line into the EGR Valve with that valve thingy in it.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I've had the codes read. None of my local auto parts stores have a reader that reads the seat/air bag codes.

I did have a EGR Valve code. Replaced it. The check engine light was off, (had it read for the seat belt-Air bag when the check engine light was off, nothing), for 3 trips into town. Came back on.

Had it read again; Code P0401 EGR Air Flow Insuffectant. Thinking it's the hose line into the EGR Valve with that valve thingy in it.
You might try social media to find someone with a scanner that reads airbags. They only cost around $100 so a lot of potential people out there. Just make it clear that you need a scanner that can read air bags- most $40 scanners won't.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts

The valce is new? If so, you probably have carbon build up restricting egr flow.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts