Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not very mechanical when it comes to cars. I have never had any clutch issue with my car. I arrived to work yesterday fine. When I started to leave it was incredibly hard to get into reverse and I had to force shifting after I left and the clutch had also lost all resistance and I could easily push it all the way to the ground. What could be a cause of the clutch always working perfect including the last time you drove it, and then 8 hours later you start up and it has done a 180. The fluid level is fine. I would presume if my clutch had went I have have slowly noticed it going. Any opinions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
669 Posts
A mechanical lever extends out of the bellhousing (between engine and transmission). This lever actually moves the clutch inside the bellhousing. On the outside, a hydraulic release cylinder (slave cylinder) presses on the lever when hydraulic pressure is created in the system by the driver pressing the pedal.

If you trace the hydraulic "Clutch Line" from the master cylinder at the firewall, it will lead you to the slave cylinder on the bellhousing (2nd pic).

Have a helper press the pedal and observe whether the lever moves.
If it does not move, then the fault lies in the hydraulic circuit rather than the inner clutch parts.

That will give you some idea whether you're facing expensive repairs or not.

Jim

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts