Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2004 Santa Fe 3.5L AWD and recently when ever I drive at a highway speed 65mph or greater the ABS and Traction lights come on as well as the AWD indicator which lights up green and blinks. When this happens I feel a slight shudder in the drive line and I no longer have AWD, ABS or Traction control functioning. This condition continues until I stop and turn off and re-start the truck at which time everything is back to normal. It does not happen around town and I have had my local garage check for stored codes in the computer and there are none listed. We have also inspected the drive line on a lift and everything looks dry and fine. Please help as other than that this truck runs and drives great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem and same vehicle. I scanned it and pulled a few codes, just haven't figured out what the real problem is yet. c1204, c1275, and c1611. The first is a wheel speed sensor. The other two i'm not sure of. I used our Snapon Modis scaner and briefly went through the trouble shooter. It said something to the sort of possible bad ground or connection or sensor or computer. Man I realy hate trying to figure out electronic systems on cars. Anyone else have same problems and fixed them?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (tacoma96 @ Aug 14 2010, 03:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349349
I own a 2004 Santa Fe 3.5L AWD and recently when ever I drive at a highway speed 65mph or greater the ABS and Traction lights come on as well as the AWD indicator which lights up green and blinks. When this happens I feel a slight shudder in the drive line and I no longer have AWD, ABS or Traction control functioning. This condition continues until I stop and turn off and re-start the truck at which time everything is back to normal. It does not happen around town and I have had my local garage check for stored codes in the computer and there are none listed. We have also inspected the drive line on a lift and everything looks dry and fine. Please help as other than that this truck runs and drives great.
Dealer and complete "fault code search" for DTC's with GDS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (AmericanX @ Aug 17 2010, 08:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350017
I have the same problem and same vehicle. I scanned it and pulled a few codes, just haven't figured out what the real problem is yet.

C1204 --> (RF wheel speed sensor range/performance), look for bum sensor, but I be more concerned with loose or cracked/split/out of place tone ring... quite common

C1275 --> G-Sensor Open/Short ----- Now we geting somehwere ---> Look for broken/spit/cracked tone ring on front axle, I would look at right side especially with the C1204 as "HERE'S YOUR SIGN", but inspect left side also.... TSB about this.. dont ask how I know... see pic below

C1611 --> CAN COMM been shut down due to BUM info from 1 of the control modules (ABS).... Simply clear it after you repair other items and clear the ABS/ESC of codes... you'll likely need to go through all the modules and clear them.. I have 1 touch clear of all modules with my scan tool :banana:

The first is a wheel speed sensor.
Likely not

The other two i'm not sure of.
You know now, I told you what they is... all you gots to do is have code and ask.. :thumbsup:

I used our Snap-On Modis scanner and briefly went through the trouble shooter. It said something to the sort of possible bad ground or connection or sensor or computer. Man I realy hate trying to figure out electronic systems on cars.

Anyone else have same problems and fixed them?
Deal with it everyday, but I dont fix,,, I repair... If I claim to fix, I am claiming it will never happen again, and that is well beyond my control..

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
ABS and TCS lights on - 2004 Santa fe 3.5L AWD

Wow, it's 2014, and I have the exact same make and model Hyundai and the exact same symptoms (happens at 65 MPH only, etc). I thought it would be a bad wheel sensor. My car is at the dealership today and they just called and said that I have a bad front axle and "tone ring". They are going to replace it with an after market axle and that will fix the problem. They said the cost will be about $325 to repair and it will be done today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts