Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking on replacing my spark plugs in my 2004 2.7 hoping it will improve my terrible MPG...

Anyone have experience with the Autolite Iridium spark plugs ? I am looking at a set on ebay (ebay item number 201024787299)

Or what do you guys recommend ?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Use the same NGK Platinum that is in the engine (change every 60,000) or step into the NGK IRIDIUM plugs.. while intake plenum off for plugs, change the plug wires too, use Hyundai/Kia wire set

Terrible mileage... AWD driveline added load, low air pressure in tires (keep 35-37 in tires), inspect crank position sensor pigtail for cracking at sensor body, sensor is about a regular replace as needed item

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, guess i will have to decide between the platinum and iridium but im thinking the iridium plugs :) and will look into the wire set as well.

as for the MPG - Can i remove the axle that connects to the rear tires ? The goal would be to make the car FWD or will this damage anything ? Will keep you posted on the rest...

·
Registered
390 Posts
My 2.7 came with champion platinum plugs. Ran them for 80k, no problems. Next set I went with the NGK platinum and ran those for 70K, no problems. Now I am 22K into my champion iridiums and have been running good so far as well. I'll keep everybody posted on how it goes when the mileage gets up there.
As far as wires go I always buy the best deal I can get on rockauto and I never have problems. The wires lasted every time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking on replacing my spark plugs in my 2004 2.7 hoping it will improve my terrible MPG...

Anyone have experience with the Autolite Iridium spark plugs ? I am looking at a set on ebay (ebay item number 201024787299)

Or what do you guys recommend ?

Thanks
For $95, you can get both these plugs and a set of NGK wires which you can see below them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts