Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, First post so be gentle!

I've got a 2004 2.0 CRDI Santa Fe (which I've had from new) and I've noticed it being a bit 'jerky' whilst driving recently ... spotted that when the AC is on at idle the revs drop by a couple of hundred then every few seconds they return to normal.... tested with higher revs (c2000) and can see the same happening, this appears to be happening whilst driving (only when AC is on) .... AC was recently leak checked & regassed....Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Hi All, First post so be gentle!

I've got a 2004 2.0 CRDI Santa Fe (which I've had from new) and I've noticed it being a bit 'jerky' whilst driving recently ... spotted that when the AC is on at idle the revs drop by a couple of hundred then every few seconds they return to normal.... tested with higher revs (c2000) and can see the same happening, this appears to be happening whilst driving (only when AC is on) .... AC was recently leak checked & regassed....Any ideas?
What you are seeing is the load the compressor in the AC is putting on the AC system when it is turning on and off. Idle goes down when it turns on and goes up when it turns off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you are seeing is the load the compressor in the AC is putting on the AC system when it is turning on and off. Idle goes down when it turns on and goes up when it turns off.
I thought that .... but surely you shouldn't feel that when driving... haven't noticed it in almost 14yrs of owning this car!

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I thought that .... but surely you shouldn't feel that when driving... haven't noticed it in almost 14yrs of owning this car!
If you've never changed out your compressor before, could be it is taking a little more power to run it, hence the lugging. Perhaps a compressor is in your future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might see if I can get a little oil added to it.... see if it makes a difference; I was hoping to avoid replacing the compressor £££ v value of car!!!.. thanks for your advice Johnaauld.... It's been a dream to own, only consumable parts, a clutch and a wheel bearing in 14yrs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts