Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the door lock relays. Where are they? Some people think they are on the backside of the interior fuse Block. The Shop Electrical manual shows them in the Driver Door Module. I cannot see behind the fuse block and can't find my inspection mirror right now. Has anyone replaced these?

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I need to replace the door lock relays. Where are they? Some people think they are on the backside of the interior fuse Block. The Shop Electrical manual shows them in the Driver Door Module. I cannot see behind the fuse block and can't find my inspection mirror right now. Has anyone replaced these?
The relays are located inside the driver door module#1.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying wongpfh. Well I thought I needed to replace the relays but the problem is more complicated. With the door fuse installed I now find that there is a continuous drain on the batter of 3.5 amps. 2 days and battery is dead. When I pull the fuse the drain goes down to 15ma where it should be. Any guesses where to look?

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Wiring diagram that shows all item on that fused circuit,, strat unplg items until draw settle,, may be partial menu im owner manual in the fuse section

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Thanks for replying wongpfh. Well I thought I needed to replace the relays but the problem is more complicated. With the door fuse installed I now find that there is a continuous drain on the batter of 3.5 amps. 2 days and battery is dead. When I pull the fuse the drain goes down to 15ma where it should be. Any guesses where to look?
Fuse#24 provides power to : Fuel filler & Trunk lid switches, Driver & Assister door modules, need to check those components/wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am baffled. With the Drivers Door Module (having used two different ones with the same results) plugged in I have pulled each of the door modules and the Trunk/Filler Relay one at a time and there was still the 3.5 amps of current draw at the battery. With the Drivers Door Module removed there is no current draw. By going thru the wiring diagrams it appears to me that the only way this problem can occur is if the ETACM module is trying to lock the doors. I pulled fuse 12 which is the source of power for the ETACM and the current draw goes low. Put the fuse back in and the current draw remained low and the doors lock and unlock normally with the remote and the battery drain is normal. I did not initially mention that this problem started when the car began doing a random door lock with no remote signal. Just waiting for it to do its random lock again so I can check the current drain after this happens. Any other insights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Left the car in the garage with the doors unlocked and the battery current draw minimal. Next day found the doors locked and the current draw back up to 3.5 amps. Has to be an electronic module problem. Time to throw more parts at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts